www.yahoo.com | yahoo.com
www.yahoo.com review: Yahoo Inc, according to Wikipedia “is an American multinational technology company with its headquarter at Sunnyvale, California. It’s globally known for its search engine Yahoo! Search, Web portal, and related services such as Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo weather, Yahoo sports and many more.
www.yahoo.com Quick tips.
Below are some key points you need to know about the www.yahoo.com portal, the company and quick information
- Founded: January 1994 (as Jerry and David’s guide to the World Wide Web), March 2, 1995 (as Yahoo!).
- Yahoo Headquarters: Sunnyvale, California, United States.
- Area Served: Word Wide coverage.
- Founder: Jerry Yang, David Filo.
- CEO: Marissa Mayer (current).
- Industry Type: Internet and Internet Computer software.
- Products and Services: Yahoo Mail, Yahoo News, Yahoo Games, Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Sports, Yahoo Weather, Yahoo Movies, Yahoo Music, Yahoo Search, Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo! Answers, Tumblr, Flickr, etc.
- Number of Employees: 12,500 (2015 data)
History of Yahoo | www.yahoo.com History
Founded by Jerry Yang and David filo in 1994, Yahoo! as a company kicked off at Stanford University. The founders were Electrical Engineering graduate students when they came together and created a website by name “Jerry and David’s Guide to the World Wide Web” (www). The www Guide was a web directory of other websites which is organized in a hierarchy, which gives results of indexed web pages. Then in April 1994, the founders renamed Jerry and David’s Guide to the World Wide Web to “Yahoo!”, while the www.yahoo.com domain was then created on January 18, 1995.
In the 1090s, Yahoo experienced rapid growth and then diversified in a web portal which led to enormous profile acquisition by users. Its recorded that Yahoo! stock price skyrocketed during the dot-com bubble with an all-time high of US$118.75 in 2000, which later fell to US$8.11 in 2001 after the dot-com bubble burst. In 2008, Yahoo turned down Microsoft Corporation acquisition bid; also, 2000 Yahoo! employees (14% of the company workforce) lost their job in 2012 after the Largest layoff was completed in Yahoo History
In 2009, Co-founder Jerry Yang was replaced with Carol Bartz as CEO but was later fired by the company board of directors in 2011, appointing Tim Morse as the new interim CEO seconded by Bartz’s departure. Also in January 2012, Scott Thompson, the former Paypal president became the CEO and later resigned to be replaced with Ross Levinsohn as the new Yahoo! interim CEO on 13th May 2012. Currently, Marissa Mayer, the former Google executive is the CEO of yahoo! Please read more about yahoo history from Wikipedia.
More Update to come on this.