ssa.gov | Overview of SSA
SSA means United States Social Security Administration. The official website of SSA is www.ssa.gov. Found in 1935 with their headquarter in Maryland, USSSA is an independent agency of the United states federal government that administers nation’s Social Security to US citizens. It has over 1,400 offices nationwide network, USSSA provides “Social Security insurance services that meet the changing needs of the public“. This Social Security platform all allows American workers to apply for their retirement benefits online.
SSA.gov | SSA Retirement Benefits
You earn “credits” toward Social Security so far as you’re an American citizen who works and pays his Social Security taxes. Once you’ve accumulated enough “credits” at your full retirement age, you will be rewarded retirement benefits. Social Security Administration provides retirement merits for those who comply eligible ones as part of their retirement plan of almost all American workers. Your retirement amount benefit solely depends on your age and earnings.
Applying for the SSA benefit does not take long and can be done at ease. The major thing you need to do this apply online is to have computer in internet access.
Items required How to apply for the retirement benefits online
The following item listed below should be ready before you begin you online retirement benefit application:
- A Social Security number.
- A computer with internet access.
- A valid email address.
Detailed on how to apply for the Retirement Benefits Online:
- Kindly Go to the SSA homepage at http://www.ssa. gov/
- Click on the “Retirement” tag.
- Now to apply, you have to click on the button marked “Apply for Retirement”.
- Click on “I am applying for myself” in the section titled “To Start the Application Process”.
- I believe you’re not visually impaired, so then click on “I am not blind or visually impaired; or “I am not applying for myself” and then click on the “Apply for Benefits” button.
- Now fill in your personal details like your name, address, date of birth, etc as required and click “Next”.
- Provide the +B15 general information and click “Next”.
- Kindly follow the instructions on the screen to complete the sign up process.
If you have any question or need help in the course of applying for the Retirement Benefits Online or needs further information, please refer to the SSA FAQ center at http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/
Every worker will on day retire and will need the retirement benefits from Social Security. So pay up your tax so that you’ll be eligible for the Social Security benefit. All need to do it apply for it online at www.ssa.gov. So all eligible American workers can apply for their retirement benefits online now which help them save a lot of time and trouble at when retirement comes.