Gmail, is Google’s professional email service that is suitable for for all devices. If you’re a regular reader of Techliet, You will see that I’ve covered series of topics about www.g mail.com and gmail.com (They’re the same except the www versions). For the sake of visibility, I will cover Gmail.com here where I will add everything I missed in my first post about gmail and Gmail Registration post. Setting up a Gmail account is not hard but before we run into all that, Let’s take a look at the things about Gmail.com that you need to know of.
As we all know, Gmail is an email service, self-owned and managed by Google Inc. Google is the world’s largest search engine and it comes with many awesome product for every Google user to enjoy for free. Once you register for a Gmail account, you will be automatically given an access to a Google mail (Gmail account) which is very fast and easy to manage, it has an awesome beta interface for users with over 15G of free memory to use.
With one www.gmail.com email account from gmail.com, you have a full access to all other Google products like Google Plus, Google Calendar, Google Maps, Google Drive, Google Documents, Google Play, Google Music, etc and Google Services like Google Adword, Google Adsense, Google Analytics, Google Blogger, etc. Now you see what you stand to gain once you have Gmail.com email account which you can easily do from the comfort of your bed with any PC or smart phone with internet access.
Before talking about Gmail registration steps, www.gmail.com accounts to me is far better than all other email accounts services. My first email account was on Yahoomail (2007) before Gmail (2009) and it has lasted for about 9 and 7 years respectively. Though I haven’t used the paid version of the two, I strongly believe that Gmail is the best! For more about gmail.com please more from the Wikipedia Gmail page.
History of Gmail
Gmail all started as a Joke after it was announced publicly on the 1st of April 2004 which left skepticism on people follow the April fool pranks that Google has always played on people like the PigeonRank prank. Please read my full report on the history of Gmail. For your own convenience, kindly follow the Gmail sign up and Gmail sign in quick guide below.
Video Tutorial of www.gmail.com
Watch the video tutorial below on Youtube direct page or watch below
Gmail Sign Up | Gmail Registration | How to create Gmail Account
- From your browser, kindly open the Gmail Registration page at gmail.com or kindly use the Gmail direct login page here.
- Please allow the webpage to load and click on the “Create Account” button and wait for the next step.
- Now, kindly type in your bio details in their correct fields and fill in all other relevant info that is required of you.
(Quick Tip: The details include your Name, Gmail username, account Password (which must be unique) and your account verification code written in black.
- It’s required that you verify you are human and it can be done in two ways (Verify your phone number) which is done via SMS or voice verification by voice call from Google. It’s recommended you verify with your phone number. Now
- For any choice you’ve made, type in the verification code sent to you in the box or the code you heard via the voice call and click continue and your account will be created in few seconds.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully created a new Gmail.com account.
You will be automatically redirected to your Gmail account Inbox but if your not, just sign in to your gmail.com account and make the few changes that come with your account. You can as well upload your profile picture; change your Gmail display name and other relevant Gmail account details so as to beautify your account including setting up your Google + profile and page. So if you can or don’t know how to sign in to Gmail, follow the steps below
Gmail.com sign in | Gmail Login | How to login Gmail.com Account
- Kindly visit www.gmail.com or click on the Gmail direct login page link here.
- Once you are taken to the Gmail login page. Kindly input your Gmail ID/Username/email address and your correct password.
- Click on the “Sign In” button and you will logged into your Email account.
Guide on how to choose email address/password & account Security.
- Try and keep it simple
- Use your real name upon sign up
- Try and avoid using too common a word(s) that are irrelevant to you Gmail email account or to you.
- If you’re creating the Gmail account for a business, use the business name and not you own name or nick name.
- Try and make your password simple so you can easily remember it and at the same time difficult that your friends won’t remember.
- Don’t carelessly write out either your Gmail password which might make other have access to it. If you must write it out, let it be in a place where no one can access.
- Try using the combination of Capital and small letters, symbols and numbers as accounts that are case sensitive tend to be more secured.
How to keep your Gmail Email Account Safe
The rate which cyber products are being hijacked in recent days have called for the concern of users to do the best they can to make sure their Gmail email account is well secured enough. Below are some things you can do to secue secure your Gmail account or better still, read up the article on How to secure Gmail account from Hackers.
- Use a secure password that has the combination of Letters, symbols and number
- Make sure your password is case sensitive
- enable step two verification method
- Never save your password or check the “remember password” option while trying to login into your account through a public system.
- Always remeber to sign out of your account
How to Reset or recover Gmail Password
What if along the line of using you Gmail email account, You forget your account password, Well I have written a step by step guide on how to recover a forgotten Gmail password and how to change a Gmail password for Gmail security reasons (2016 update, Google has decided to ensure you’re aware of it and integrating Gmail with new features designed to help avoid phishing, hacking and malware activities on users account. The update on Gmail will be warning system on links sent through Gmail emails that have the potential of incurring insecurity on Sites and email accounts).
All you need to do is login to your Gmail.com account and follow the step that comes with it. Please use the guide link above for more details.
9 Awesome Gmail Features You Probably Don’t Use
Gmail outside the popular email features I listed in an earlier post about www.gmail.com has more than just the awesome design/user interface, storage space, easy tweaking feature to offer you as a Gmail.com user. Below are some core inbuilt features that comes with Gmail that you may not have been using for better user experience.
- Muting Group Emails to Stop Distractions.
- Right-click Emails to Archive, Delete, or Mark as Read
You simply need to enable the “Mark as Read” button in Gmail Labs. Enable it by clicking Gear Cog > Settings > Labs > Mark as Read Button > Enable > Save Changes.
- Gmail Has a Preview Pane option!
- URL Trick to Switch User Accounts thereby supporting many accounts that can be logged in at the same time.
- Change What You See in the Sidebar not.
- Verifying Emails from Big Services.
- Sign Out Remotely to Stay Safe.
- Enable Personal Level Indicators.
How to Change Gmail Display name and Background
The moment you sign up for a Gmail account, you’ll by default be given an initial display name which is taken from the first letter of your name. For instance, you sign up with “Paul Michael” as your name, Gmail will display a capital letter “P” as your name. So if you want to change it, please follow the guide I’ve written about how to change Gmail display Name. You might as well need to change the theme or background image of your Gmail.com account to a custom background or theme. To change your Gmail.com email account theme, follow the step by step guide I have written about how to change your Gmail background here.
How to delete Gmail.com Email Account
If you feel you’re no longer satisfied with your Gmail.com account and wish to delete the Email account and the files in it permanently, then you need to follow the steps one how to delete a Gmail account permanently here. Make sure before you carry on with this approach, that you done have any email or file attachment that you’ll ever need again, and if there is, kindly save it out or back it up with you Google Drive account through another email name account.
Gmail Email Domains
Unlike Yahoo mail, I’ve to discover one thing about Gmail having the own Email domains by country.
|www.Gmail.com prefix||Country specification|
||Gmail South Africa|
||Gmail Switzerland (French)|
||Gmail United Kingdom|
||Gmail United States|
- www.gmail.com.ae ——————– Gmail Middle East
- www.gmail.com.nl ——————– Gmail Netherlands
- www.gmail.com.co.nz ——————- Gmail New Zealand
Incoming Search terms for Gmail.com
The reason why I write out the list of the incoming search terms for most of the tutorial post I write about is to simply guide a user with the list of search queries anyone can use that means the same or have the same answer to the results you get. Below are list of some search terms for Gmail.com
- Gmail sign up
- Google mail
- Gmail sign in
- Gmail login
- Gmail signin
- Gmail log in
- gmail.com sign
- gmail.com sign up
- gmail.com signup
- gmail.com login
- gmail.com registration
- create gmail.com account
- create Gmail account
- gmail. Com
- gmail .com
- Google gmail.com
- gmail.com tip
- about www.gmail.com
- www.gmail .Com
- Google email gmail.com
- Google gmail.com
- www.googlemail.com tip
- www.googlemail.com sign
- gmail.com sign up
- www.gmail.com registration
- create gmai.com account
- gmail.com account create
- set up gmail.com account
- set up Gmail account
- Register Gmail, etc.