Short note About FEMA
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has a long record dating back to more than 200 years ago. It is an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security with about 8,000 employees, which was established to provide on-the-ground support of disaster recovery efforts and to coordinate the response to a big disaster that a state alone cannot handle.
About the Disaster Assistance
Disaster assistance is a financial or direct assistance provided by FEMA to assist individuals and families who have suffered property loss in a federally-declared disaster and whose gone properties were not insured. One is qualified to pertain for disaster assistance only when your losses have occurred in the region covered by a disaster statement.
How you can apply for a Disaster Assistance Online with the Help of FEMA
However, registering for disaster assistance online with the help of FEMA can be easy and simple; it will also save you the trouble of driving to an insurance agency to register. The disaster assistance of FEMA covers many, including; disaster-related medical and dental expenses, housing needs, fuels for primary heat source and the like.
To start, you will need the following:
- Computer with an internet access.
- Social Security Number.
- Bank account for money transfer.
- Valid email address.
Visit the FEMA (www.fema.gov) disaster assistance homepage at http://www.disasterassistance.gov/
- Click on “Apply Online”
- Make sure you type the characters appearing in the picture correctly and click “Submit”.
- Endeavour to Read the information on the screen carefully and click “Start”.
- Read the registration instruction on the screen and then click “Next”.
- Go through the Privacy Act Statement, check the box to imply that you accept the privacy act, and then click “Next”.
- Enter your personal particulars and click “Next”,
- Follow the instructions on the screen carefully to complete.
For more information and details, please refer to the FAQ center at http://faq.fema.gov/
If you’ve suffered from severe disasters and property loss, don’t delay to apply for disaster assistance with the assistant of FEMA. Your property losses can be insured when you are qualified for this assistance.